Enroll in the Self-Reliant Dive Specialty course and development self-reliance and independence while diving.
You will learn:
The value and application of the buddy system.
The philosophy of, and motivation for, diving without a partner.
Potential risks of diving alone, and how to manage those risks.
The value of equipment redundancy and what back-up equipment is needed.
- Dive planning and gas management.
- Redundant gas source
- Redundant depth gauge and bottom timer or dive computer
- SMB with at least 100ft. of line
- Redundant surface signaling device (both visual and audible)
- Knife/cutting tool
- Slate and pencil
- Backup mask (recommended)
Not sure about your schedule but you want to sign up for a class? Scroll to the bottom of the course listing and select the course marked "UNSCHEDULED." We will enroll you in an unscheduled class and you can contact us when your ready to choose your dates. We'll then move you into the class you chose. You can ignore the dates that appear on the unscheduled class listing.
- Advanced Open Water Diver or qualifying certification
- Minimum 100 logged dives
- 18 yrs or older
- Successfully complete dive skills assessment by PADI Self-Reliant Specialty Instructor
- Certification card
- Air fills for dives
- Course materials
- Rental equipment
- Park entry fees