The IDC Staff Instructor course prepares candidates to teach the PADI Assistant Instructor course and to staff PADI Instructor Development programs. The training furthers teaching abilities and develops candidate’s evaluation and counseling skills through independent study, classroom sessions, guided evaluation training and an internship.
IDC Staff Instructor Duties
- Independently teach and certify PADI Assistant Instructors (at PADI Five Star Dive Center or PADI Five Star Dive Resorts).
- Conduct IDC training segments under indirect supervision of a PADI Course Director
- Evaluate and critique instructor candidate knowledge development, confined water and open water teaching presentations
- Provide counseling and remedial training for instructor candidates and IDC Staff Instructor candidates
- Assist with instructor-level continuing education programs, such as PADI Specialty Instructor Training courses
- Observe the orientation and closing sessions of PADI Instructor Examinations
Not sure about your schedule but you want to sign up for a class? Scroll to the bottom of the course listing and select the course marked "UNSCHEDULED." We will enroll you in an unscheduled class and you can contact us when you're ready to choose your dates. We'll then move you into the class you chose. You can ignore the dates that appear on the unscheduled class listing.
- Teaching status PADI Instructor
- PADI Master SCUBA Diver Trainer
- Emergency First Response Instructor
- Agree to conduct all levels of diver training consistent with the standards and philosophy outlined in the PADI Instructor Manual and PADI Course Director Manual.
Academic, confined water and open water instruction
Coaching by Scubaland's experienced professional-level training staff
Complimentary standard air fills during training activities
Discount on Enriched Air fills
PADI IDC Staff Instructor Candidates are required to own their own personal snorkeling gear (mask, snorkel, fins, boots) and SCUBA equipment (BCD, regulator, dive computer, surface marker buoy, wetsuit, weights, flashlights, dive knife, etc.)
In addition, the following expenses are not included in the course fees:
- All materials required of a PADI Instructor Candidates
- PADI IDC crewpack which includes:
- PADI Course Director Manual
- Knowledge Development Evaluation Form
- Confined and Open Water Evaluation slate
- Dive site entry
Upon Program Completion:
- PADI IDC Staff Instructor Application Fee
- Instructor-level liability insurance